salton pressure cooker reviews (2021)👇
Salton Stainless Steel Electric Pressure Cooker
The pressure cooker that does it all! This functional pressure cooker can: warm, brown, steam, slow cook and pressure cook. With its 5 liter capacity, it will save you up to 70% cooking time on a wide variety of meals while also conserving energy. Even tenderizes lean beef while preserving flavors and nutrients. The heavy gauge cooking pot distributes heat uniformly and has a non-stick coating for easy clean-ups. Also comes with a ‘Stir and Serve’ spatula and measuring cup. Spend less time in the kitchen and let Salton’s 5-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker work its magic.
The Salton 5 liter electronic pressure cooker 1 of 7 safety devices for worry free use. 5 function control: warm – reheats or keeps cooked food warm. Delay start – programmable timer delays cooking up to 8 hours.
- Saves energy and cooking time by up to 70%
- Cook on low or high pressure
- Non-Stick coated cooking bowl
Pressure release valve allows you to release pressure quickly. Features non-stick coated cooking bowl and cool touch exterior.
It’s a great pressure cooker, we love it. We cook rice a lot, this one is perfect, it only takes about 10 min to get delicious steamed rice.
#Pressure regulator – 1 of 7 safety devices for worry free use.
#Non-Stick coated cooking bowl.
Cook on low or high pressure
how to use Salton Electric Pressure Cooker
- Warm: Reheats or keeps cooked food warm for a long period of time.
- Brown: Allows you to brown your food before cooking it under pressure.
- Steam: Quickly brings cooking liquid to a boil for steaming food or
- Slow Cook: Cooks your food slowly to retain flavour and tenderness.
Most recipes using a slow cooker require 8 – 9 hours.
- Pressure Cooking: The combination of pressure and temperature causes
foods to be cooked faster. The steam tenderizes even the toughest cuts
- Programmable Cooking (Delay Start): Allows you to program the Pressure
Cooker in the Steam, Slow Cook and High/Low Pressure Cooking settings,
to begin cooking food up to 8 hours later.
CAUTION: Perishable foods such as meat and poultry products, fish,
cheese and dairy products cannot be left at room temperature for more
than 2 hours. (No longer than 1 hour when the room temperature
is above 32°C/90°F). When cooking these foods, do not set the Delay
Start function for more than 1-2 hours.
Pressure Cooking Setting
NOTE: Before placing the Cover on the Base be sure that the Exhaust
Pipe/Blockage Guard are clean and free of obstructions. See the instructions
in the Care and Cleaning section.
- Place food in the Removable Cooking Bowl according to the recipe.
NOTE: There must be at least 250 ml (1 cup) of liquid to cook food
- Position the Removable Cooking Bowl in the Pressure Cooker.
- Place the Cover on the Pressure Cooker so that the Locking Pin lines up
with the Condensation Reservoir then turn the Cover counter-clockwise
until it locks into place. (The Locking Pin will click into place).
- Plug the unit in a 120 volt AC wall outlet.
- Turn the Pressure Regulator to PRESSURE.
- Choose the desired cooking mode by pressing either the HIGH or LOW
Pressure Button on the Control Panel. The light on the button will flash
and the digital display will show “1” (1 minute cooking time).
- Set the desired time by pressing the Button once for each additional
minute or by holding the Button down. The maximum cooking time
is 99 minutes.
- Press the START/STOP Button to begin cooking. The indictor light will
NOTE: If you forget to select a cooking time or do not press the START/STOP
button, the Digital Display will return to 0.0 after 30 seconds and the
Pressure Cooker will not start.
- Once the appropriate pressure has been reached, the Digital Display will
begin to count down. NOTE: The Pressure Indicator Valve will rise and
the Cover cannot be opened.
- The Pressure Cooker will beep at the end of the set cooking time.
NOTE: The START/STOP button must be pressed or the timer will beep
periodically as a reminder that cooking is complete.
- When cooking is finished, you can lower the pressure inside the Pressure
Cooker by either of the 2 methods below. Follow the directions in
Slow Pressure Release:
Set the Pressure Cooker aside to cool for about 5 – 15 minutes until
the Pressure Indicator Valve drops.
Quick Pressure Release:
Turn the Pressure Regulator knob to ‘Steam’ until the Pressure Indicator
- Press the START/STOP button.
NOTE: The Pressure Cooker will automatically switch to the ‘Warm’ setting
if the START/STOP button has not been pressed.